Monday, June 16, 2008

Everyone else football

Even with training camp and arena football going on you might find that you still want football.  Nothing will quench your thirst for football, but soccer can distract you for long enough.  The Euro Cup has been going on for over a week now, and other than wanting to buy my parents dog a Bucs jersey, I haven't really thought of it.  The games might be low scoring but it more than makes up for it with a lack of commercials.  There's no need to watch a commercial for a girl drink that is trying to be "hard" when everyone else football is on the tv.

One of the few things better than a corner kick is listening to Jim Rome bitch about how he hates soccer.  What's that, Jim?  Your show isn't going to be on at all this week because of soccer, a sport you hate.  I'm sorry soccer isn't as exciting as golf, Jim, but some sports require you to not smoke and drink while you play them.  I don't even know if Jim Rome is really big into golf but today he was bitching about soccer then started talking about golf.  I don't have any problems with golf, I just don't think someone that makes a living talking about sports should ignore the most popular sport in the world.

Europe, keep turning out great soccer players to entertain me, and keep wearing those scarves.  You're like the cousin that went to art school then moved to NYC.

No comments: