Wednesday, April 15, 2009

They Play Hockey In April?!

The NHL playoffs start tonight. A few quick thoughts:

-NHL 09 did a simulation that has the Boston Bruins winning the whole thing. I say that's good enough for me! Saves a whole lot of unnecessary beard-growing.

-Please, hockey gods do not let Sidney Crosby past the first round. We can only stand so much unwarranted hero-worship.

-Congratulations to the Columbus Blue Jackets for making the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. No, I don't know who they are either.

-The New Jersey Devils will probably prove to be the most boring team to ever advance past the first round. Someone mention to coach Dave Sutter that the point of hockey is to actually score goals.

All that said, I think the Red Wings will come out of the West, and the Montreal Canadiens will come out of the East, just because I want to hear NBC commentary in both French AND English.

No comments: