Monday, April 27, 2009

I need a break from the weekend

What a beautiful thing this weekend was. Playoff hockey and basketball, and the NFL draft. I guess that car race also happened, and I think that was a big deal because theres that Will Ferrell movie about it. That race seems to be the talk of the sports world today, seeing as how it was like a summer blockbuster with the first couple hours being boring then finishing with a crash and fire.

The NFL draft was hours and hours of sports with out any actual sports being played. NFL fans where so hyped up on Friday and now everyone seems to be let down. We can all be happy to not be Raiders fans though. With a lack of Raiders fans at the bar, Darrius Heyward-Bey was able to give us all a much needed laugh. As for my beloved Bucs, I hope I'm wrong in my initial thought of "stupid, stupid, stupid." I guess they're hoping for another win in the most quarterbacks stat.

Somehow someone has time to watch baseball even though playoff hockey and basketball is going on. Luckily for me that someone is giving me updates on how the Mets can manage to blow what seems like every game. As for the playoffs, lots of excitement. The ugly play of both Boston and Chicago is making for some close games, and the Rangers are trying to give the Caps a trip to the second round.

No comments: