Friday, November 13, 2009

The NFL Network, or how I learned to stop worrying and not watch Thursday Night Football

So, imagine my surprise when I found out that Thursday Night Football started up last night with the 49ers of San Francisco against the Cutlers of Chicago. I listen to a lot of sports radio, read a lot of sports blogs and watch SportsCenter. I had NO idea this was happening until a friend happened to mention that Jay Cutler was sucking even more than usual. The reason I didn't know? Time Warner decided to make its customers pay for an extra tier of service in order to get the NFL Network. For 8 extra games, Time Warner wants me to pay more. When I can already see all the games I want to on Sunday and Monday. Sorry, guys. Not happening.

And what did I miss? I missed a riveting 10-6 defeat of the Chicago Bears at the hands of the mighty 4-5 San Francisco 49ers. I missed Jay Cutler throwing more passes to the Niners at one point. This is what Time Warner wants me to pay more for? Really?

I'll stick with my basic cable, thanks. Somehow Time Warner must survive without it.

1 comment:

Joey said...

I don't even have the option to not pay for NFL Network.