Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Americans don't care about baseball

I recently learned from my Korean pen pal that the World Baseball Classic has ended. "World Baseball Classic!? Another win for the US!" I yelled at the letter. I quickly printed my victory form letter, stamped my signature on it, and sent it away. After a quick google search of "what is world baseball classic" I went from jubilant to embarrassed. I had seen too many sitcoms of people trying to get back letters they didn't mean to send. So, instead of even trying, I found a new Korean pen pal.

Unfortunately, I really knew about the baseball classic and even watched the US in the semi-finals. On the rare occasion I would hear news about the "classic" I didn't care, until I found out about Evan Longoria being added to the team because of injuries. After reaching the World Series the Rays are finally getting the respect they deserve, by getting the chance to have one of their star players injured in a tournament no one cares about. World Baseball Classic, thanks for turning baseball into soccer, and making it impossible to find someone to go to a spring training game with.

No comments: